WELCOME TO JUWENDI'S TEACHING AND LEARNING ENGLISH BLOG SITE

Thursday, June 18, 2009

How to make tongue tied students speak.

Making tongue tied students speak It's true that every one has different style and ability in the way he or she learns something, also in English class room. Students have variety of style the way they learn the language. To my experience as an English teacher, some learners tend to show their domination in every session of the class. They are very active and talk active. Some are shy and reluctant to speak although have been given stimulus to the learning process. I've applied all techniqes of teaching that I got from quite many trainings for teachers but it seems all of these techniques still can't make some of the students speak. Once I got frustrated facing the fact. But I know at least I've tried something. Here I'd like to share some important key factors and hints for the readers who might have the same profession as I do. 1. Know your students well. This means that you recognize what your sudents' needs in learning English. Students have different intention and motivation in acquiring English. By knowing their needs and motivation we can decide what kind of activities that support the learning process. 2. Set the goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment